Greening up in play/taking SP. Why doesn't it always work?

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
Trader_Tom

Whenever i hit the green up button in play or if I make my bets "take SP" as we get close to post time I often find the bet sometimes doesn't get matched or only partially matched. Is there any way of making it so it takes the best market price instead of offering up a price?

When I first started out I accidentally went in play and started smashing the green up button. It was only after the smoke had cleared that due to lots of partially matched bets and fluctuations in price I ended up with a hedged figure of £490 (green). I thought it was all a dream at first especially considering I was only using £10 stakes haha. Ideally thought I'd like to avoid it happening in the future but in reverse!

All the best,

Tom
Dallas

Bets marked as 'Take SP' will always be fully matched, but if you have clicked a green up figure outside the price on the ladder and taken SP and the actual SP odds are higher or lower you wont have a equal green, the further apart they where the bigger the inbalance when green up will be so to even out you will still need to do another green up in-play.

In-play green ups are still subject to the same 1sec bet delay (2 secs if green up amount is below £2) so allow enough time between clicks for the first to reach the market and if it has and you can see the odds have moved then click again as your original green up will be cancelled as the new order is sent.
Trader_Tom

Thanks again as always :D

Is there any way to make bets place faster? Or is it a rule that they must take a minimum of 1 second?
Dallas

Trader_Tom wrote:Thanks again as always :D

Is there any way to make bets place faster? Or is it a rule that they must take a minimum of 1 second?
Its a rule BF impose on all in-play bets slthough the delay differs for each sport - tennis 5secs, football between 5-10secs and so on. Its intended to reduce the advantage from those trading from the venue and make things fairer for everyone.
Trader_Tom

Fair play. Thanks very much for clearing things up. You're a star (no pun intended haha)
fr33m4n

Dallas,

Sorry to join in the middle of the discussion, but i have never understand the "Take SP" option.

I saw a whole bunch of videos (including the Caan's Video Pack...) that they use "Take SP" just before the off. I didn't even know that other Markets had this option too. :oops:

Could please, explain what exactly "Take SP" do? :oops:

And again, sorry to interrupt the discussion...
Dallas

Take SP is a way of guaranteeing any unmatched bet is matched at the off.
The SP price is calculated by Betfair using all the stakes of backers and all the stakes of layers who have used this option to ensure a fair price for all (which is usually within a few ticks of the last traded price pre-off).

Keep bets will carry a unmatched bet over to in-play but this does not guarantee it will be matched as the odds may shoot off in the opposite direction.

Its good to use as a safety feature, say you open with a £100 matched back bet if you place a £100 lay bet well below the current price and then 'take SP' if your internet goes down you wont be left with just a open £100 back bet as our lay will be matched also at some price so you wont face a possible total loss.

*If you do close your poistion successfully pre-play just remember to cancel any unmatched take SP bets now there no linger needed.*
fr33m4n

Dallas wrote:Take SP is a way of guaranteeing any unmatched bet is matched at the off.
The SP price is calculated by Betfair using all the stakes of backers and all the stakes of layers who have used this option to ensure a fair price for all (which is usually within a few ticks of the last traded price pre-off).

Keep bets will carry a unmatched bet over to in-play but this does not guarantee it will be matched as the odds may shoot off in the opposite direction.

Its good to use as a safety feature, say you open with a £100 matched back bet if you place a £100 lay bet well below the current price and then 'take SP' if your internet goes down you wont be left with just a open £100 back bet as our lay will be matched also at some price so you wont face a possible total loss.

*If you do close your poistion successfully pre-play just remember to cancel any unmatched take SP bets now there no linger needed.*
Thanks, now i get it! I thought that was something more complicated... :D

Return to “Support”