BF POKER

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
giulio2010

$2-$4NL texas holden. I raised 12 on the botton position with 2c-3c suited, 1 player called $8 on the BB. The flop Ac-Ah-Kc,He check, I bet $50, he called $50. The turn 5d, He check, I go all in $90, he called with a speed of light. He had 8h-3d off suit. He won the hand with 8 high. I did not hit any clubs, 4s or 2s, the river was 7d. I had the impression he/she/it. could see my hole cards. I have checked 50 hands played at that table. I have noticed that 13 hands were played between me and player2 7 hands were played between me and player3, 5 hands were played between me and player4 and 5 hands were played between me and player5. 2 hands only were played between player4 and player5...the remaining 18 hands were folded preflop..I have tryed to chat with the guys I did not get responses, all 4 left the table.It seemed strongly FISHY to me. all comments are welcome.
LeTiss

Do you have other examples of this?

I hate online poker because you can never see your opponent

You have no idea who was at the other end. It might just be a mad punter, or somebody with pots of cash who decided you were bluffing.
giulio2010

I took the beat as a gentleman but, my biggest concern came from when I tryed to chat just to say "good read" but, I won`t reload this time, all 4 players left at the same instant. I went to check my hands history to find out that I made 95% of the BF rake. I played 60% of the hands available playing by position or premium hands but, they played only 2 hands against each other even tough they had the right position to play more hands against each other. Sometimes you got to trust your instict which is trying to break the denial wall for us. I had the feeling, almost instantly, that the table was FISHY after that 8-3 call.
Predicton

Hi G,

I played online poker for 5 years before giving it up. The were two reasons for this :-

1. The deal is not truly random. Because the number of possible starting combinations of a pack is so large only about 11% of them are used. If you look at the info sites hold on the deal, they never claim to have a random deal, choosing their words very carefully, as do any firms auditing the deal.

2. It isn't that many years ago that (I think that it was) employees of two well known on-line poker rooms were found to be hole card reading. It was at high limits at that time but that's not to say that tactics haven't changed.

For me, there are just too many factors nullifying any skill edge the player has,

cheers, P

Return to “Betfair exchange”