A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:00 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:55 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:46 pm

Religion is not repsonsible for the actions of things like Putin or the Twin Towers pilots. They make/made their own decisions.
OK warped religious belief/indoctrination may have played a part. But the bottom line is if you kill someone you better have a very good reason IMO. Someone telling you to do it is not a good reason and Putin --- well it's now clear he is plain nuts with no moral justification (religious or otherwise) for his actions.
I believed in god when I was three or four, and that he requires you to be good to people. If I was talk that he requires a certain group of people to be exterminated, I would have believed that - that's religion! :)
Well I was lucky. I came from a protestant family, but religion was never forced on me. "make your own mind up" was the guidance. How lucky was I?
The lucky thing about protestants is that you don't have to go to confession. What a joke that was, did they really expect me to tell them about all the fires I started? :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:23 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:00 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:55 pm

I believed in god when I was three or four, and that he requires you to be good to people. If I was talk that he requires a certain group of people to be exterminated, I would have believed that - that's religion! :)
Well I was lucky. I came from a protestant family, but religion was never forced on me. "make your own mind up" was the guidance. How lucky was I?
The lucky thing about protestants is that you don't have to go to confession. What a joke that was, did they really expect me to tell them about all the fires I started? :lol:
I think the answer to that is "yes". Then you would be expected to be contrite and reflect on your errors and expect to be forgiven and supported. The reality of catholicism (religion in general) is quite different, at both ends of the spectrum. You could be abused or let off with no meaningful feedback. Religion reflects humanity. It's a WIP all the time.
greenmark

The BBC in their wisdom ask "What should you do if a dog attacks?".
Kick it, hit it with the heaviest implement you can find.
A dog on attack will maim or kill you, don't mess about thinking it's cuddly, furry and misunderstood.
Derek27

Give it a bone. :)
conduirez

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:27 pm
I think Greenmark means it is already after your bones. :lol:
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:02 pm
The BBC in their wisdom ask "What should you do if a dog attacks?".
Kick it, hit it with the heaviest implement you can find.
A dog on attack will maim or kill you, don't mess about thinking it's cuddly, furry and misunderstood.
Sharply pull its front legs apart. It will cause the dog to collapse as sends a shock to their lungs and heart.

Obviously only do this if you are actually being attacked and have no other option.
foxwood

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:34 am
Sharply pull its front legs apart. It will cause the dog to collapse as sends a shock to their lungs and heart.
I've known that for donkeys years but can't remember where I picked it up from - not even sure if it's true since nobody else ever mentions it
Archery1969

foxwood wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:00 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:34 am
I've known that for donkeys years but can't remember where I picked it up from - not even sure if it's true since nobody else ever mentions it
A dog handler I knew at shorncliffe army barracks told me back in the 1980s. I thought it was a joke until I confirmed it with an army vet some years later.
Derek27

Kemi Badenoch calling the former Post Office chief a disgraceful liar!!

This is a woman who at the Tory Party leadership debate said Boris Johnson is sometimes honest - she wasn't even honest enough to answer the question about the buffoon's honesty. Shows how much she knows about honesty. :lol:
greenmark

Russian authorities continue to block access to the body of Alexei Navalny as they plan to carry out tests for two more weeks, his spokeswoman says.

So as guilty as a puppy next to a pile of poo!

Christ, Russia epitomises lions lead by donkeys.
Archangel

Rishi Sunak came into office promising to grow the economy. The UK economy has shrunk in every quarter since !
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Derek whatever happened to your casual dating thread, I was subscribed to that one

Derek27

Kai wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:46 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Derek whatever happened to your casual dating thread, I was subscribed to that one

How did you get that? You're not telling me they deleted the OP but not my reply?
Kai

Well I took a screenshot because I had a feeling that workplace romances would be frowned upon

Never saw the OP though sadly :)
Naffman

Got an ad on YouTube from Halfords about MOT/Service saying 'there's a cost of driving crisis', looked on their website and its about £330 for an MOT and major service, my local garage and every other around here is about £185-195.

Just feels totally disingenuous and shouldn't be allowed.

Return to “General discussion”