Eurovision 2024

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

I think I missed the Swiss act first time around. WTF is he doing in a skirt?
Crazyskier

Euler wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 11:40 pm
Zero telephone points for UK!
Hardly surprising, Peter.

Simulation of lewd acts in a toilet with half naked men by an England-loathing BBC box-ticker.. Hardy something the public at large appreciates is it? Let's hope that next year we have something more family-friendly and actually talented, a la Sam Ryder.

CS
LeTiss

It's an absolutely brilliant trading market. One of the easiest markets to make money from, year after year
Naffman

Looking back it seems the running order was there to screw Ukraine not Israel
shubb

During the vote counting they barely showed Croatia at all. It was all Switzerland and it was possible to back it between 1.8-3.0 odds. It's very difficult for others to win after those jury points.

Israel was just obvious loser. Eurovision just cannot let them win. I should have laid them more but good profits from backing Switzerland anyways.
Euler

Crazyskier wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 12:02 am
Euler wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 11:40 pm
Zero telephone points for UK!
Hardly surprising, Peter.

Simulation of lewd acts in a toilet with half naked men by an England-loathing BBC box-ticker.. Hardy something the public at large appreciates is it? Let's hope that next year we have something more family-friendly and actually talented, a la Sam Ryder.

CS
Y, I get that. I hadn't seen if before tonight. I prefer to see things as they are on the night. Not to my taste, and seemingly most other people.
Euler

LeTiss wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 12:10 am
It's an absolutely brilliant trading market. One of the easiest markets to make money from, year after year
I've always enjoyed trading it as well.
Euler

Switzerland odds over time
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Croatia before 22:30
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Time lowest odds were reached, from when the performance started
Naffman

Someone got the maths on Croatia wrong during the gap between jury and tele results
The Silk Run

1st time I had watched it. Thought it made fantastic viewing ...
Dave C

Hate to be that guy but the Juries could have been told that there is no way that we can have an Israel win so don't even think of voting for them.

The disconnect between the Jury and Public vote for Israel was just too great.
Tuco

Naffman wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 11:33 pm
France not got near enough there, Switzerland benefited massively
The National Juries do their scores on the performances from the night before (Friday night). The French singer was favourite in the 'Jury Vote Winner' market, but his voice slightly went on the high pitched part towards the end and his odds drifted in the outright from 16 to 32. Had he done his Saturday night performance on Friday night, then France would have scored much better in the Jury vote at the expense of Switzerland, and Croatia would have won.
Tuco

Dave C wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 10:58 am
Hate to be that guy but the Juries could have been told that there is no way that we can have an Israel win so don't even think of voting for them.

The disconnect between the Jury and Public vote for Israel was just too great.
Italian broadcaster RAI published their televote percentages on a ticker tape at the end of their broadcast of SF2 (which is not allowed until AFTER the final) and it showed the Israel televote on 39.31%, the next being Netherlands on 7.32% down to Norway on 1.55%.

Was this a 'technical mistake' as announced in their Friday press release or was it a warning to other countries that if you score Israel well in the Jury vote, we'll all likely be going to Jerusalem next May whether you want to or not?

The press release said the displayed results were only partial results and not the complete televote result, but Israel received 12 points from Italy in the televote, so you decide!

Return to “General discussion”