Storing Profit/Loss at a selection level (horse racing)

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Jolissa

I am running multiple automations (3) on each horse racing market and can get multiple bets if they satisfy my conditions (only one selection/bet per automation). The issue I am having is that I want to track profit at the selection level not market level. I can track profit and rolling profit at the market level but I would like to setup multiple profit/loss values that I can then use in stop/start conditions for each automation.

I can do all this at the market level but really want to go down one level at track at the selection. Is that possible? If so, any hints or tips would be great.

Cheers Neil
Dallas

So you wanting to store the P/L of a selection to use later in the same market?
Jolissa

Thanks for the reply.

No, I want to use a condition to stop at either a profit or loss target for each automation. I can do that at the market level and its working fine (thanks to an example automation file I downloaded here). The issue is when I have more than 1 automation running on a single market (up to 3). I would like to be able to capture the P/L for the selection in an individual automation (can only be one selection) rather than capture the P/L at a Market level. I would then run 3 profit and loss stored values and stop each automation separately based on conditions.

Hope that makes sense.

Neil
Jolissa

Sorry, just to be clear. I am looking to capture Profit or Loss for the selection of an Automation after market is closed. I will then use those Profit or Loss values to keep a running P&L and stop the Automation for the day once it reaches a specific Profit or Loss.
Dallas

Jolissa wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 11:00 pm
Sorry, just to be clear. I am looking to capture Profit or Loss for the selection of an Automation after market is closed. I will then use those Profit or Loss values to keep a running P&L and stop the Automation for the day once it reaches a specific Profit or Loss.
So its the market P/L you are after, not an individual selection P/L
viewtopic.php?t=25455
Jolissa

Sorry, i must not be making it clear.

On each horse race, I run 3 automations that may each select a horse and place a bet. So its between 1 and 3 bets per race. What I want to track is the result (profit or loss) for each of the selections. I can then run a daily P&L for each of my automations. I can then trigger a stop based on a set profit or loss target.

I can do all that at the market level but I want to take it down to the selection level so I can then tie it back to each rule. I have found an automation (I think it was yours) that I can use as a separate automation for each market. I am wanting to add some rules to each automation to capture the profit or loss for the selection that came from that specific automation.

I have tried to copy an image link below so you can see my market sheet. I want to get the result of each runner so I can aggregate them by automation (runner 1, runner 2 etc) and then stop each automation based on the results.

Neil

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Jolissa wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 10:27 am

On each horse race, I run 3 automations that may each select a horse and place a bet. So its between 1 and 3 bets per race. What I want to track is the result (profit or loss) for each of the selections. I can then run a daily P&L for each of my automations. I can then trigger a stop based on a set profit or loss target.

I can do all that at the market level but I want to take it down to the selection level so I can then tie it back to each rule. I have found an automation (I think it was yours) that I can use as a separate automation for each market. I am wanting to add some rules to each automation to capture the profit or loss for the selection that came from that specific automation.

I have tried to copy an image link below so you can see my market sheet. I want to get the result of each runner so I can aggregate them by automation (runner 1, runner 2 etc) and then stop each automation based on the results.

Neil

Ok, so just so I understand lets assume you have the following at the end of a race
Horse1 has £15 profit
Horse2 has -£21 loss
Horse3 has £15 profit

The total for the market is £9 profit

But you want to take the value from each individual horse and use that as a condition to stop further bets?

If so assuming your next race you will be betting on two horses which of those three values will be used as conditions to the two horses you are about to bet on?
jimibt

Dallas wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 4:36 pm
Jolissa wrote:

Neil

Ok, so just so I understand lets assume you have the following at the end of a race
Horse1 has £15 profit
Horse2 has -£21 loss
Horse3 has £15 profit

But you want to take the value from each individual horse and use that as a condition to stop further bets?

If so assuming your next race you will be betting on two horses which of those three values will be used as conditions to the two horses you are about to bet on?
maybe i'm missing something here, but could there not be a market level sv in each of the 3 different rules and these used in 3 instances, or alternatively, some way of setting each rule to have its own betangel level sv??
Dallas

jimibt wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 5:05 pm
Dallas wrote:
Jolissa wrote:

Neil

Horse1 has £15 profit
Horse2 has -£21 loss
Horse3 has £15 profit

maybe i'm missing something here, but could there not be a market level sv in each of the 3 different rules and these used in 3 instances, or alternatively, some way of setting each rule to have its own betangel level sv??
That could be possible, its just knowing exactly what he wants and how they are going to be used as to which route/option could be the best or easiest to

If jolissa can pick up where I left off above using those value as an example from race 1 then setting out how they'd be used race 2 then race 3 and for what it should make it straight forward to advise the best route (famous last words :D )
Jolissa

Dallas wrote:

Horse1 has £15 profit
Horse2 has -£21 loss
Horse3 has £15 profit

Really appreciate the help so far but I guess I am not doing a great job of explaining myself. Maybe its a language thing, as I am Aussie :-)

I want to treat all the bets in "Runner 1" column as a separate running P&L to all the bet is the "Runner 2" column etc as they come from different automations (G R1, G R2 etc). The issue is that some of those bets happen in the same market, so I cant use market level P&L. I have used the automation that runs at a market level, works fine but doesn't help in this scenario.

My scenario is that in the Runner 2 column I might have results like;

First race +$1
Second Race +$1
Third Race -$1
Forth Race +$4

Total so far for the day for that Automation (G R2) is +$5, and that triggers a stop for the day just for that automation. If you look at Hawkesbury R4 (my image) all three automations found a runner (G R1, G R2 and GR3).

My problem

I am hoping that for each automation (G R1 etc) I can include rules that capture the Profit or Loss for the specific runner as a stored value, I can then aggregate them in into a running P&L for the day (also stored value). Where I am struggling is how to capture the result of an individual runner in a specific market as a stored value, from there I think I will be right.

Is it possible to capture a stored value for a result all the way down to a BetID level? i.e. for this very specific bet in a horse race, did I win or loss and what was the actual $ result.
Dallas

Jolissa wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 10:22 pm
Dallas wrote:

Horse1 has £15 profit
Horse2 has -£21 loss
Horse3 has £15 profit

Really appreciate the help so far but I guess I am not doing a great job of explaining myself. Maybe its a language thing, as I am Aussie :-)

I want to treat all the bets in "Runner 1" column as a separate running P&L to all the bet is the "Runner 2" column etc as they come from different automations (G R1, G R2 etc). The issue is that some of those bets happen in the same market, so I cant use market level P&L. I have used the automation that runs at a market level, works fine but doesn't help in this scenario.

My scenario is that in the Runner 2 column I might have results like;

First race +$1
Second Race +$1
Third Race -$1
Forth Race +$4

Total so far for the day for that Automation (G R2) is +$5, and that triggers a stop for the day just for that automation. If you look at Hawkesbury R4 (my image) all three automations found a runner (G R1, G R2 and GR3).

My problem

I am hoping that for each automation (G R1 etc) I can include rules that capture the Profit or Loss for the specific runner as a stored value, I can then aggregate them in into a running P&L for the day (also stored value). Where I am struggling is how to capture the result of an individual runner in a specific market as a stored value, from there I think I will be right.

Is it possible to capture a stored value for a result all the way down to a BetID level? i.e. for this very specific bet in a horse race, did I win or loss and what was the actual $ result.
Ah OK, so just to be sure when you say 'Runner 1' column you are referring to the 'Rule 1' column (which there is 1-5 of)
So I think you are maybe trying to track the P/L by strategy?

If so then it isn't possible to do that, as there is no easy way to differentiate which rules file the P/L is for
There is an option on the API called 'Customer Strategy Ref' which would allow you to see the P/L's of individual stratergies and over the last few months more people have been asking for it so it's now something the Dev team are looking implementing in a future update
Anbell

Dallas wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 8:52 pm

If so then it isn't possible to do that, as there is no easy way to differentiate which rules file the P/L is for
There is an option on the API called 'Customer Strategy Ref' which would allow you to see the P/L's of individual stratergies and over the last few months more people have been asking for it so it's now something the Dev team are looking implementing in a future update
Anbell is very happy!
Anbell

Jolissa wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 10:22 pm

One thing that is possible and maybe of use is that you can use a specific stake for each strategy, e.g$1.01 for S1, $1.02 for S2
Jolissa

Thanks for all the responses, guess I will have to park it for a while.

I'm a bit surprised that you cannot get the Profit or Loss result for an individual bet back as a stored value, but If I am reading correctly it's something we may have in the future.
jimibt

Jolissa wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 2:27 am
Thanks for all the responses, guess I will have to park it for a while.

I'm a bit surprised that you cannot get the Profit or Loss result for an individual bet back as a stored value, but If I am reading correctly it's something we may have in the future.
you could work around this by setting a sv on the selection when it's matched (for example back1, back2, back3.. etc). Then, you could have a rule that reconciles the p&l of the selection at an individual level, based on the sv (back1,2,3) being set. This could be done on a rule using the inplay time offset and reconciled when the market is suspended or closed. You'd set the condition to say:

If Back(n) is set and there are mathced bets for it, then grab the value of the greenup for selection total and add it to your running total for that strategy.

Fag packet analysis!! :)

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”