Back or Lay at Betfair SP Guardian Automation Bot

rcook25

Hi Dallas,
This is my first time moving to automation, I have been successful with a strategy by betting manually, very similar to the OP here but I need some advice on how to effectively do this.

The basic theory is as outlined below:
- Lay any horse with a BSP of over $65, liability of $1,000 per selection, this means we can have multiple bets per race.

So far I have edited the OP file to the below:
- Rule Type - Place Lay Bet
- Arm trigger 30sec until 15sec
- Place bet at fixed price of $65
- Stake by liability of $1,000

How can I alter this to suit my method?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Dallas

rcook25 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:57 am
Hi Dallas,
This is my first time moving to automation, I have been successful with a strategy by betting manually, very similar to the OP here but I need some advice on how to effectively do this.

The basic theory is as outlined below:
- Lay any horse with a BSP of over $65, liability of $1,000 per selection, this means we can have multiple bets per race.

So far I have edited the OP file to the below:
- Rule Type - Place Lay Bet
- Arm trigger 30sec until 15sec
- Place bet at fixed price of $65
- Stake by liability of $1,000

How can I alter this to suit my method?

Any help would be much appreciated.
The lay bet rule first needs applying to 'Every' selection',

Then you'll need a 'Fixed odds condition' to test the projected SP price is greater than 65.0
(of course the actual SP price may still end up below 65 so you might want to give yourself a bit of head room and check the projected SP is greater than say 80.0)
gareth75

Dallas wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:05 pm
Even if your not into trading this is a very useful bot for straight betting that will allow you to quickly select and place all your back and lays for the day @ BSP without the need to go into each market individually and manually place the bet and tick "Take SP"
Hello Dallas
Can this rules file be used with offset bet on the SP rule ?
Example.
How could I adjust the above rules file to -
Back any SP runners under 5.0 odds ( could be a few runners) with offset bet 30% lower than SP & greening

Thanks
Dallas

gareth75 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:56 am
Dallas wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:05 pm
Even if your not into trading this is a very useful bot for straight betting that will allow you to quickly select and place all your back and lays for the day @ BSP without the need to go into each market individually and manually place the bet and tick "Take SP"
Hello Dallas
Can this rules file be used with offset bet on the SP rule ?
Example.
How could I adjust the above rules file to -
Back any SP runners under 5.0 odds ( could be a few runners) with offset bet 30% lower than SP & greening

Thanks
You can't use the offset bet commands from global settings when placing an SP bet,

All you would need though is a 'Close Trade on Selection with Greening' rule armed to trigger once in-play
and on the parameters tab have it placed at 'Custom % below the Actual SP'
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/pla ... ters_.html

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”