Restricting Liability When Automating Laying Every Runner Under 20/1

The sport of kings.
whiteway

Hi,

I regularly set my automation up to lay all of the runners (under 20/1) in horseraces but find that, due to the obvious fact that the Fav is the most traded on runner, the liability that these matched trades takes up means that the book can become a little one sided if it then sees the Favs price decrease further.

Is there a condition or signal that can be set to ensure that the liability/loss on a particular runner can be set at say £100 at any one time, even if the balance available for it to go to is considerably more, pending the rest of the bets being matched either automatically or manually by myself. I tend to run the automation until 5 mins from the 'off' before stepping in manually to hopefully 'green up' the selections.

Thank you in advance.
kenfrost

just wonder why you green up manually, when ba could automatically do it?
whiteway

Sorry wrongly worded I guess there. I go on and manually lay the runners individually as this allows for the outsiders to show a better return if unlaid. By pressing the 'green up' button this would include those too. I find that doing a manual lay of those showing a profit 5 mins before the off returns a 'greener' book normally.

I hope this explains it.
jamesedwards

whiteway wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:16 pm
Sorry wrongly worded I guess there. I go on and manually lay the runners individually as this allows for the outsiders to show a better return if unlaid. By pressing the 'green up' button this would include those too. I find that doing a manual lay of those showing a profit 5 mins before the off returns a 'greener' book normally.

I hope this explains it.
Never used it myself, but you can choose what prices you green up to in settings.
Picture10.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
whiteway

Thank you for that information. I will bare that in mind in the future. However, when greening up are we not taking the best 'lay all' price whereas if you manually do it, using the best 'back all' price you are getting a better percentage on your book? I think so.
jamesedwards

whiteway wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:33 pm
Thank you for that information. I will bare that in mind in the future. However, when greening up are we not taking the best 'lay all' price whereas if you manually do it, using the best 'back all' price you are getting a better percentage on your book? I think so.
Have you spotted you can green up automatically using the reverse price?
Picture11.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

jamesedwards wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:45 pm
whiteway wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:33 pm
Have you spotted you can green up automatically using the reverse price?

Picture11.PNG
And if using the 'Close Trade on Selection (with or without greening)' rule you have the same choice of prices to place it at as you would any regular back or lay bet
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/pla ... ters_.html
whiteway

Thank you both for this additional information.

Have you any thoughts on my original question also. As you can tell I seemingly need to gain a little more knowledge regarding this process.
greenup

Have you any thoughts on my original question also. As you can tell I seemingly need to gain a little more knowledge regarding this process.

Could you lay for book % , rather than a fixed amount
kenfrost

whiteway wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:16 pm

I hope this explains it.
Oh I see, thanks.

So you manually lay all runners under 21 then green at 5 mins before the off?

Maybe I haven't understood exactly what you are doing, but surely all of the above can be done by ba automatically?
sionascaig

whiteway wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:49 am

Is there a condition or signal that can be set to ensure that the liability/loss on a particular runner can be set at say £100 at any one time, even if the balance available for it to go to is considerably more...
In your automation (one of the first rules) set a SV called MaxLiability = 100 (for the Market).

Then have a rule that runs every refresh (on EVERY selection) to capture another SV called Liability = Profit & Loss (of a selection)...

Then in your Lay rule just need a condition to check that the "Liability" (for the selection) < MaxLiability (for the Market)... This will stop any bets firing if your current liability for the selection > 100...

Note : May need to take account of bet size to set the limits at the right level...

Edit - forgot to take account of "sign", so if laying MaxLiability should be set at -100, if backing +100 etc..... ==> MaxLiability < Liability (for lays)
Last edited by sionascaig on Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whiteway

I automate the laying of all runners under 21.0 from 30 mins to 5 mins then go on and lay the funds around manually to make a book that is normally green. By doing this manually it means that I can vary the amounts that I stand to gain or lose on each runner and allow for those who are at big odds to run as 'skinners' for me.
whiteway

Thank you so much 'sionascaig'. Much appreciated. I have tried to set this up but it seems to not like my workings. Thank you anyway.
Anbell

whiteway wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:49 am
Hi,

I regularly set my automation up to lay all of the runners (under 20/1) in horseraces but find that, due to the obvious fact that the Fav is the most traded on runner, the liability that these matched trades takes up means that the book can become a little one sided if it then sees the Favs price decrease further.

Is there a condition or signal that can be set to ensure that the liability/loss on a particular runner can be set at say £100 at any one time, even if the balance available for it to go to is considerably more, pending the rest of the bets being matched either automatically or manually by myself. I tend to run the automation until 5 mins from the 'off' before stepping in manually to hopefully 'green up' the selections.

Thank you in advance.
This might be helpful: https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/boo ... aker_.html
whiteway

Thanks Anbell. That's the manual bookmaking option that I have used occasionally. I automate my laying. Very useful tool though.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”