Removing the dividing line between ladders to save space

Help improve Bet Angel.
superfrank

Since the introduction of the (fab!) new 4+ ladders option, desktop space becomes more of an issue if using extra ladders.

I now use 4 ladders and like to scan across them to monitor the relative moves and to spot any sharp moves. The closer together the ladders are, the easier this becomes.

I was looking at the window and noticed there is a dividing line between the ladders which isn't really necessary and could be removed - the scroll bar acts as a natural division between the ladders.

I knocked up before and after pics in Photoshop to show how it could look...

Before:

After:

The change as above would save 15 pixels for each additional ladder, i.e. 45 pixels for 4 ladders. I know that this seems like a very minor thing, but it's the little things that make the difference.

Regards,
SF.
mugsgame

Buy a bigger monitor
Simples....
superfrank

I have a 2560 x 1600 monitor so it's not that I need extra space as such (although it may help others a bit), I just think it's better to have the ladders as close as possible together.
sportinwest

How du you get the ekstra 4th ladder ?? can't find it anywhere
SpikeyBob

... go into settings, click on the 'Ladder' tab and the bottom option says 'Maximum number of ladders', change this value to whatever you want within range (1-10).
mugsgame

SF,
Sorry mate but I have to ask........

45 pixels????
Do you measure your willy every night before bed?
:D
superfrank

mugsgame wrote:Do you measure your willy every night before bed?
Not every night!

I did say that it was a minor change- but in design it's the little details that, when added together, make the difference.

In a photo finish a pixel or 2 makes the difference between success and failure.
Tuco

I use the Ladders all the time and I don't require the potential extra 45 pixels. The 1-10 ladder option was an excellent update.

One useful update in my opinion would be the addition of the LTP at the top of each Ladder.
superfrank

dear BA,

re this suggestion, and suggestions in general, can you reply on each saying if the request is likely to be implemented? and if not then the reason why it won't/can't be done?

thanks,

SF.
scotty875

Hello all, this thread is the nearest i've found to an issue I have with the advanced ladder with charting screen. The ladder I trade,the advanced charts and the one click view of all runners are bunched together very tightly making the one click area very difficult to read even though I use a large screen with plenty of room on and now have two monitors at my disposal.When I see posts on youtube and similar the screens all look to be nicely spread out. Any ideas please? I'd post a screen shot but it's beyond me, sorry for the long post and thanks.
Euler

I think you need to provide a better description of the problem so somebody can make a suggestion. I'm not totally sure what you are referring to.
Euler

On the ladder side, we are making changes to the ladders in the near future and offering more flexibility as to how you would like them displayed.
scotty875

Thanks for the speedy response yesterday Euler, sorry I didn't get back on till today. I've managed to take a snap, I was referring to the amount of spare space to the right of the screen and the "bunching up" of the digits and names of runners in the blue and pink back/lay area centre screen. It's not a big problem but I didn't know if there was a simple solution I was missing that would spread out the screen.
Thanks again.
Captureba2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

It looks like you are not using standard DPI display settings.

Bet Angel is designed to work at 96dpi and any other setting will skew the display.

See here for a solution - http://betangel.kayako.com/Knowledgebas ... -distorted
scotty875

Many thanks 6th Sense, sorted now.

Return to “Suggestions”