TWO THINGS I'D LIKE TO DO FROM EXCEL

Help improve Bet Angel.
corbus

1) For a number of reasons related to the way I use Excel, it would be a great thing if I could erase an event phisically from guardian through a command given in excel, once decided I don't want to handle it, rather than wait until it's over, hence not refreshed, hence the excel sheet disengaged and made available again. Of course I can do it manually, but I'm talking about automation...

2) the possibility to detect whether I'm in practice mode or not. At the moment I do this manually by setting a cell to "yes" or "no" and then wherever it's needed I go and check it... fair enough.
It has happened that I forgot to set that value to Practice mode and the application shot a rather consistent bet for real. Luckily it won.. but it could have been painful...
Euler

If you have a market loaded into Guardian it already skips it if it detects the market is closed. This stops it from refreshing something of no value.
corbus

Perhaps I'm not clear enough in my explanation Peter...
At the moment the only way to get rid of an unwanted event is either to erase it manually from guardian or wait for it to be over/suspended. Only then the excel sheet gets released and made available for the next event starting.... Sometimes my system "decides" to discard an event even before starting, but it has to wait its end... it can get rather clattered with 6-7 events refreshing when perhaps only 2-3 are wanted...
Anyway, I realize that this might be rather problematic to implement and and not exactly a problem for the great majority...
Cheers
corbus

A nice alternative would be to have a sort of traffic lights telling whether a sheet is engaged by guardian or it has been released by it.
That perhaps is more feaseable as well, just a third light besides the "In_play" and "Suspended" cells that says "engaged" or "linked" or whatever and then desappears immediately when the sheet is released... and I thing it is also a fair thing to do, it's a bit of information that might be useful or not, but it's there... (very useful to me..)
I go to great lengths to establish that moment, with a series of clocks that start or stop with the refreshing, and yet they cannot be very efficient because they stop working when the refresh stops.... anyway, this again is something that probably is not of interest to the majority of BA users, but perhaps, because it should be easy to implement....

Regards

Return to “Suggestions”