Guardian Market Filter

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
smitch

Please could somebody tell me whether there is a way of filtering based on text within the market name when loading markets into Guardian? I would like to load only 5f and 6f markets.
Thanks
Dallas

Yes, there is a box on the first page of the filter editor to filter 'by text'
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/mar ... ditor.html

There is also a ready-made market filter you can downloaded from the customization area that finds just 5f, 6f and 7f races
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=27436
smitch

Thank you so much Dallas. I should have looked in the manual but Bet Angel has so many features it is hard to know where to start!
smitch

OK, got my filters going...a life changing experience :P
What would be even better would be if I could now automatically assign an automation rule to a filtered market. Would this be possible?
Michael5482

smitch wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:05 am
What would be even better would be if I could now automatically assign an automation rule to a filtered market. Would this be possible?
You can with the keyboard shortcut editor, it's in General Settings under Behavior. You can use one key to select the markets you want in Guardian then another to apply a rules file to the selected markets and all by filter.

It's pretty easy to use.

https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/key ... ditor.html
Dallas

Michael5482 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:13 am
smitch wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:05 am
You can with the keyboard shortcut editor, it's in General Settings under Behavior. You can use one key to select the markets you want in Guardian then another to apply a rules file to the selected markets and all by filter.

It's pretty easy to use.

https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/key ... ditor.html
There's also this blog with a step by step guide to doing exactly what you've asked for using shortcut keys Michael has mentioned
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... one-click/
smitch

Thank you very much Michael and Dallas. My brain is beginning to hurt a little with all of this new information, however....

Would I be correct in thinking that I wouldn't need to use market filters if I used the Dallas approach outlined below?
Dallas

smitch wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:41 pm
Thank you very much Michael and Dallas. My brain is beginning to hurt a little with all of this new information, however....

Would I be correct in thinking that I wouldn't need to use market filters if I used the Dallas approach outlined below?
You would still need the filter, except you wouldn't need to click in it to run it, you'd do that part using the shortcut key
ie, find markets, add markets to guardian, apply rules file 'X', 'Y' and 'Z' to specified markets

For the last few years that's how I start up everyday now, I've got about 4-5 shortcut keys depending what I want to do on a particular day or time
smitch

OK, thank you. On the road at the moment but looking forward to setting it all up in a couple of days. :)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”