B2L help please

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
ads13

I've just taken a trial and want to set up my B2L strategy. I watched the B2L video on YouTube but still don't understand how to do this for multiple runners in the same race.

I can see that you create a rule and can add multiple rules in, for instance I want to back potentially multiple horses in the same race for £10 at set odds of 1.01. I then want to create a lay bet of £15 in play for 50% of BSP. On the rule, where it says 'applies to selection', it's only letting me select 1 horse. When the rule is set, I can see you can choose other selections but I may have multiple in the same race.

I'm sure there is someone out there who does exactly the same but I'm struggling with the amount of information on the forum so any help anyone can give in pointing me in the right direction would be massively appreciated.
Dallas

You have the option of applying a rule to specific selections (ie, by betfair row number, order of favouritism), using these you will need one rule per selection
Or you can apply a rule to a nominated selection, ANY selection (which meet your conditions or Every selection

There's also an option to use a 'Current Selection' condition, so you could apply a rule to Every selection except 3rd and 4 th fav
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/cur ... ction.html

Regarding what you've asked for is there any reason for backing at 1.01 at the point you are in the race?
Also are you laying at £15 at 50% of the BSP to DOB (ie, backing with a stake of £7.50)?

If you can be more specific about the selections you want to bet on and how you are choosing them (ie, nominating yourself or selecting whichever is fav, 2nd fav etc) we'll be able to advise the best way to set it up

Also there are several variations of B2L, L2B and DOBing bots in the in-running shared files section so you might find something there close to what you want that won't take much editing
ads13

Hi. Thanks for coming back to me.

The reason I’d back at 1.01 is because there have been times where I’ve placed a back bet at SP and the odds have come down so quickly that it hasn’t been taken but the lay has.

My B2L should be pretty simple but I just can’t find exactly what I need. My selections are specific rather than based on odds/fav number etc so I literally need to select the horses in the races.

1. Back bet for £10 at 1.01 odds on 10+ runners in a day (can be 3 or 4 sometimes in the same race)

2. Lay bet in play for 50% of BSP for £15

I’m thinking this way, if my lay bet is taken I’m £5 (minus commission) in green regardless of the result but could be nice if it won. Happy to listen to suggestions though on staking.
Dallas

If you use a 'Place a back SP bet' rule you'll be guaranteed to be matched at SP, so you could trigger this anytime before the race goes in-play
It can also then be applied to the Guardian nominated 1 selection

Then you just need a regular 'Place Lay bet rule' also applied to Guardian nominated selection 1, and armed to trigger sometime after the race has gone in-play
Then on the parameters tab for the 'Place at' option choose 50% below actual SP

Applying rules to Guardian nominated Selection (1-5) means you can select the runners each race on the main Guardian page as detailed on this page of the user guide
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/app ... _list.html

Once you've created that first back and lay rule you can use the two green arrows icon at the top of the rules editor window to duplicate the rules, and then just change both the new rules to apply to guardian nominated selection 2

and do that until you have 5 pairs of rules in total applied to guardian nominated selection 1-5

Each race you can then nominate between 1-5 runner, if you only nominate 2 runners in a are the rules applied to Guardian nominated 3-5 just won't trigger on anything

The final thing you'll need to do is enable the additional ' Automation Nominated Selection' columns on your Guardian market list, this can be done using the column chooser icon on the 'List' tab of your Guardian page
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/market_list.html

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”